View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 21295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 835, 836, 837, 838, 839, 840, 841 ... 852  Next
 Good Morning girls 

Post Re: Good Morning girls
Lovely to see you back Trish :-) We've swapped a few times in the past so I have reminders of you around my home :-)

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:07 am

Hi Girls
have been back a few times but just couldn't remember my password - tried to reset it but that didn't work so emailed the magazine and they reset it for me so here I am!!!!!!

Hmmm to catch up on my life I now have 2 more gorgeous grand sons. My eldest son had a little boy last June, he is a real little live wire rolling around at 3 months crawling at 5 and pulling himself up on the furniture at 6. He's still not quite walking but apparently isn't far off (they live in Adelaide and I'm here in Melbourne) we're off to see them again at Easter soooo looking forward to it.

Grandson number 3 was born in September to my beautiful daughter - I was there as her partner wouldn't be there at the birth (far rathered he told us ahead of time than leave her with no one there) She ended up having an emergency ceaser as bubby's heart rate kept dropping so scary watching my daughter being wheeled off while they are asking me questions for consent. I was with her in theatre as his heart rate came up so they didn't knock her out completely. He is just gorgeous, and little Ryder (my other grandie) just adores him. I have DD and the 2 boys living with me here - her partner moved out just before Christmas.

After having a house that was "packed to the rafters" it's now just down to me, DD and the boys as my other son moved across town to live with his gf.

Have been trying to catch up on UFO's I'm in the process of selling so decided that all the bits and pieces needed to be whittled down (finished 4 last year - including the RR quilt I did on here looks great, PatchworkDownUnder quilted it for me and did a wonderful job) Have just had another 3 quilts quilted that I need to pick up and bind, working on a tablerunner I started a while back so I'm finally getting somewhere.

Okay better get off little man is yelling at me for ignoring him *laughs*

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:23 am

Great to see you back Trish, there has been a lot of activity in your life huh?
I wish I lived closer to my GS's but such is life! It is so special when they come to visit or I go down to their house in the city!

http://normascraft.blogspot.com/

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:15 am

Hello Trish. I don't think we've met, 'tho I have seen you around. My, you have been one busy lady. So, you are planning to get some more UFO's finished? And look what you finished last year! Well done! I wish I could say the same. Mine are so many and varied, and have been around so long that I miss them like crazy when they're done :lol:

Hope to talk to you often. Mary B

Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:10 pm

Just to shout out again hello :angel2:

This weekend went up to Auckland for DD trampoline comp and she done well...a 1st and a 4th. Was a very great result this time because she has lost a lot of her big skills currently. She told me it is because she thinks everyone expects her to win because she is NZ champion. I told her no they don't, but hopefully she gets back into her groove again and gets all her big skills back that she loves. She went back to basics for this competition and was also stressing over that because she said she would get no where. Oh the drama's of teenage girls. While up there we also went and saw Taylor Swifts final concert for her Speak Now tour. 13mths on the road she has been and it was a fabulous concert to finish it off.

And another highlight of the weekend was that while sitting in my hotel on Friday night I saw watching tv that the Craft & Sewing Show was been held in Greenlane, so never ever being to one of these shows I had to go and with the thanks of GPS on my ph and daughter I found the ASB stadium and had my first experience and bought to much fat 1/4s and saw a fabulous Civil War quilt made up...I loved it and had a nice talk to the lady who made it and it seems we are both addicts in buying civil war / reproduction material. Ah take a breath now.... :razz:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:01 am

That was a wonderful few days in Auckland Michell! I know where you DD is sitting in regards to her sport. I used to be a competitive swimmer... it took over my life until I hated it, and I quit just before the Olympic trials when I was about 16. I could have gone to Mexico, but didn't even give it a chance! How silly was that?
Just noticed on MSN that "our" Jimmy Stynes has passed this morning away after years of battling cancer. :( He handed over the reins of the Melbourne footy club earlier this year when it became evident that he was not going to survive his 2 and a half year battle with brain tumours. I aren't much of a footy fan, but he was a real gentleman, always so dignified. He was 45. He came over from Irish football as a young man, played really well, won a Brownlow medal and ended up becoming the Melbourne Football club's Chairman.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:42 am

I was on the way home from the movies last night when I heard he was close to the end. One of the radio announcers said "there was simply nothing bad to say about Jim". A lovely way to be remembered.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:56 am

Off to see the group I belong to! Might see if some of them want to join in here. Its 40kms away and I sometimes think I get more work done at home. My neighbour Jill is working at the same place they meet, in the Health Centre, so I will go and have lunch with Jill!

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:41 am

Good evening everyone,

Shopping day today and we came home to a lovely surprise. TWO packages of swap blocks :angel2: Thank you so much Linda and Monika. They are so pretty.

Yours went off today, Linda, all fixed up with star points on the left. Hope they will be OK. Tarlee's are ready for next fortnights despatch and the next two sets are well on the way too.

Mary B

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:17 pm

I;m so glad you like your blocks Mary .its always a worring time for me ,I am never sure if I get the clolours quite right.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:10 am

Been into town today and picked up new worms for our Waste Water System. For those of you who didn't know, our system wasn't put together correctly and we had a huge battle to get the installers back after 4 years of fighting to dig down and correctly join the pipes. Anyway, they said the worms that do the worek of breakling everything down would be back, naturally! After almost 4 weeks there is no sign of live there so we ordered the eggs, and now we have a new system!
Now I am uploading DP's new CD to the Website! Then I have to publish the website and he can being a published artist, He just got the approval from APROS today. :-)

Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:31 pm

Monika, there's no need at all for you to worry. I'm sure we are all delighted when our swaps arrive and the nicest part is that they will be 'different' to what we do for ourselves. My problem, is that after they have gone, I think of so many other choices I could have made. Ah, well ....

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:52 am

Linda, I've been thinking about your eyes. How are the follow ups going? Are you still getting floaters and flashes, or was that only after the drops?

My new glasses will be ready in a few days, only need reading glasses now and yippee :razz: back to normal again.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:04 am

Thanks for thinking about me Mary :-)

I still have one floater that doesn't bother me. I'm getting used to it. The flashes I notice more at night. I think I'm getting used to those too! The tests I had showed no damage and hopefully the follow up tests at the end of May will be the same.

I've always had poor eyesight. I'm shortsighted and I wear contacts or glasses.

Eyes are so important and even more so for crafters!

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:09 am

Takiing off tomorrow for our trip to Sale. Will catch up with Lyn B and about 500 other friends from the motorhome club. We are oing a few markets on the way, one at Mirboo North, the home of Cottage Garden threads, and another at Yarram, then to Rosedale where we will spend a day or two with our chapter of the motorhome club, and then be in Sale for Tuesday. We get in a day early because of the long length of our rig. I'm driving my car to Melbourne to my home there... then it is available when we get back there for a few weeks to zap around in!
The dogs are getting excited, they are doing their usual peeping through windows, and wondering when they can come and have their bath so they can sit in the bus... thats the rules! Just the fact that DP is checking the tyres on the bus, van and trailer is enough for them to realise it's nearly departure time again.
I'm not doing a trade stall at the rally this time, I will sit and stitch with all the crafters in the craft shed! I have enough stock for the open day on Easter Monday, and a few visits to groups on the way home, but thats it. I had hoped to take some more patterns, but the ladies want something they can't buy in the stores, so I will have to decide if we are going to the next rally at Boonah in October or not, and get some new patterns by then.
Taking the laptop of course, so will keep in touch... also taking the sewing machine and iron, fabric and Accuquit cutters.. in fact all my sewing stuff. There are so many crafty ladies at the motorhome rally. A few rallies ago I made a shashiko table runner and learnt alot about celtic knots and art quilts!

Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi, I haven't been able to get in here for a while, my computer was formatted and I lost my password, finally bit the bullet and sent an email and here I am.
Instant reply nearly, I am very impressed.
Thank you Ashley.

http://houseofmargarita.blogspot.com

Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Hello Marg,

Lovely to see you. Isn't it great when things just work!

Mary B

Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Nice to see you here Margarita.. they are rather good at Express. Now they have ironed out some problems, it can only get better... :lol:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:53 pm

Its good to have you back Magarita

Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:23 pm

Lovely to see you here Marg :-)

Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:30 pm

It was lovely to wake up to rain this morning. Nothing too heavy, just a constant gentle rain :-)

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:33 am

How nice for you Linda, I love listening to the rain on the roof while I am in bed.

http://houseofmargarita.blogspot.com

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:57 pm

The rain was short lived. Over the next few days we will be up to 34C.

34 degrees and Easter Eggs are not a good combination :p

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:14 pm

Oh linda,maybe you should keep your chockys in the fridge .I remember one year when I was about 12 ,my mum and dad tooks us away for Easter , mum had the eggs in the boot of the car ,it was a stinker of a day , we got nice flat melted chocolates . we had to lick them from the foil,,,,,,,,mmmmmm they were yummy :grin:

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:11 pm

papillon wrote:
Oh linda,maybe you should keep your chockys in the fridge .I remember one year when I was about 12 ,my mum and dad tooks us away for Easter , mum had the eggs in the boot of the car ,it was a stinker of a day , we got nice flat melted chocolates . we had to lick them from the foil,,,,,,,,mmmmmm they were yummy :grin:

OOoh, I bet they were yummy....I can almost smell them! It's funny how, as parents, we try to make eveything nice/right/proper for our kids and yet they tend to remember the things that went wrong...and it's usually remembered fondly.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 835, 836, 837, 838, 839, 840, 841 ... 852  Next